If you have processed your exchange and need help with preparing your bike for the collection, this guide will tell you everything you need to know about the preparation and repackaging of your bike
- Step 1: Cleaning
- Step 2: Drying your bike
- Step 3: Removing your bike's pedals
- Step 4: Turning your bike's handlebars
- There are some important parts of your bike that require the most attention when ensuring that it is clean and ready for collection:
- These areas should be cleaned with a light degreaser and firm bristle brush, both of which can be found at your local bike shop - WD-40 and an old toothbrush will work just fine too!
- Once you have wiped your bike, you will need to gently rinse it with water
- For the rest of your bike, washing is simple - hot soapy water and a soft bristle brush will suffice
Drying your bike:
- Simply gently wipe your bike down with a towel to ensure that it is not wet when collected and the box remains dry
Removing your bike's pedals:
- Tool required: Spanner
- Your bike’s pedals also need to be removed upon collection. This ensures that your bike’s box isn’t damaged in transit. Watch this handy video and your pedals will be off in no time:
If you find the pedals hard to remove, try applying a little grease around the crank arm - this should help the pedals come off easily
Turning your bike's handlebars:
- Tool required: 5mm Allen key
- Using a 5mm Allen key, loosen the two side bolts, as shown in the image below:
Your handlebars are now ready to be turned:
1. Standing with the wheel between your legs is the best way to turn your handlebars so that they fit in the box:
2. Finally, the bolts that were loosened in earlier now need to be tightened. Using an Allen key again, tighten the bolts as tight as they go
Perfect! Your bike is now ready to be sent back to us, where our expert mechanics will check it over before it is sent out to a new loving owner who will have just as must as fun on it as you had.
Your bike will be collected by our couriers, Panther. The evening before your bike is due to be collected, they will send you a text which will provide you with a two hour time slot for the following day.
It's also really important not to cancel your direct debit with us - as soon as your bike is received by us, your subscription is cancelled automatically.
If there is anything that you would like clarified, don’t worry, the Bike Club team are always on hand to help. Get in touch via live chat on our website or email: firstname.lastname@example.org